Why won't my Samsung GT-I9100 firmware update?

chetsommadi

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
why wont my samsung GT-I9100 firmware update?

Im using a Samsung S2 model GT-i9100. i tried updating the firmware using kies however the update failed and my phone is not switching on but displays " firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again.""
I have tried installing a new stock using odin but all three stocks i downloaded fail at the factoryFS stage. watelse can i try

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: why wont my samsung GT-I9100 firmware update?

Im using a Samsung S2 model GT-i9100. i tried updating the firmware using kies however the update failed and my phone is not switching on but displays " firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again.""
I have tried installing a new stock using odin but all three stocks i downloaded fail at the factoryFS stage. watelse can i try

Welcome to the forums. I would try downloading the file again, possibly from a different website. Also, try different cables, USB ports (don't use any USB hubs), and make sure the SAmsung drivers are updated and installed.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

And make sure the update is for your model, the i9100, not some other model of S2, your country and, if applicable, your carrier. http://www .sammobile.com/firmwares]SamMobile Firmwares/ (remove the spaces - this website is having a little temper tantrum at the moment) lists quite a few different versions of the same 4.1.2 ROM. Once you get that working, use the update function in the phone to let it update over the air, or ask your carrier to flash the update. Updating with a different country's update function could easily cause a failure.

Sath BunThonn

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21