All,

I have a Galaxy S2 and will be switching to Consumer Cellular using the option to 'bring your own phone'. They will send a new SIM card.

My question is - how do I transfer the information over? I know that my backup S2 has everything on it when I use my current SIM card because things are saved on there.

I have my Contacts synced using GMail (so I assume I can just resync) and the contact info should download. I use Dropbox for photos so I'm not too concerned about that.

What about Apps?

This was my first smartphone and I'm nervous about making the switch from AT&T (but the money!).
    12-09-2014 02:48 PM
    Apps are on the phone, not on the SIM card. The only thing you can save on the SIM card other than your account information (your account number, so the tower knows who you are) is contacts - which you correctly have as Google contacts, so they'll stay where they are. About the only change you should notice when swapping SIM cards (with the power off, of course) is that your bill will be different (and you'll probably be getting less allowable date per month without paying for the overage). Since CC uses AT&T towers, the phone doesn't even have to be SIM-unlocked.
    12-11-2014 04:38 PM