Why is my in-car bluetooth connectivity choppy when listening to music with my device?

JstnMoyer

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Since the Android 5.0 update, I have noticed, while listening to music, that my in-car bluetooth connectivity has been choppy. It doesn't matter if I am streaming from 4G LTE, or listening to local music from my Moto X 2014 – I keep hearing very brief breaks in connectivity, followed by what seems to be a brief spike in signal transfer rate which seems to affect the pitch of the music. Sometimes, the connectivity cuts out every 5 seconds or so until I turn off and on bluetooth connectivity – which helps but only temporarily. I wonder if this is an Android 5.0 bug since I didn't notice it before the 5.0 update.

I get pretty anal about my audio quality – and I am happy that bluetooth streaming has improved in this department – but this connectivity issue is going to make me insane. If you have any information on what the issues might be and if there is an OTA update coming that will address this, I would love to hear it.

Device: Moto X (2014); Android 5.0
Vehicle: 2015 Mazda 3 iTouring