Samsung has a calendar app, but when you add a Google account, it will add a calendar called (your Gmail address name)... I think there's a way to hide it but when you come back it shows up again. How do you get rid of this (your Gmail address name) calendar without removing your Google Account from your phone?
    12-10-2014 08:51 AM
    Is there a way in Samsung calendar settings to remove the Google calendar?
    12-10-2014 09:12 AM
    On the new Calendar app, unchecking Event seems to not display my Google Calendar permanently.
    My Samsung account has my Gmail address by default (that can be changed to any email) so on the new app it looks as though I have two Google Calendars, except for the logos.

S-Planner was the default Samsung calendar app. Samsung in the US replaced S-Planner on most with their Calendar app, I still had both in the UK. The new Google Calendar seems to have been integrated with the previous Samsung Calendar.
    My Calendar is a device only calendar on Samsung, but can be synced with Samsung Kies on a pc, and so with some Microsoft Outlook versions.

Confused? You will be. I am. We all are!

From my SM-N9005 Note 3 on Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    12-10-2014 11:23 AM
    But even after unchecking Display on all the (my Gmail Address name) parts.. it still shows that (my Gmail Address name) calendar list exists even when I unchecked
    12-10-2014 08:38 PM
    But even after unchecking Display on all the (my Gmail Address name) parts.. it still shows that (my Gmail Address name) calendar list exists even when I unchecked
    As long as you have a Google account you will have a Google Calendar, it exists, but you don't have to use it; and you should be able to display other calendars without Google's calendar showing if you do use it but want to keep it private.

You can uncheck it from syncing in Accounts - Google - touch name - Calendar. You have to have Master Sync on before you have the boxes to uncheck items.

I don't know which calendar app you have. If you have the blue one on top it is actually now a new Google Calendar with Samsung calendars integration. If you have S-Planner it should be easier.
    I am still not clear on what you want to achieve or what is showing that you do not want.

**Here's another tip:
    Events are loaded from Gmail by default. Go to your Google Calendar on a pc, via your Gmail inbox works, then Settings wheel, and uncheck Events from Gmail.

That's all I got. Good luck.

From my SM-N9005 Note 3 on Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    12-10-2014 09:08 PM
    I did uncheck it, and it still shows (my Gmail Address) calendar, that's what I mean
    12-11-2014 08:08 AM
    I think I know what you mean now. Every time you or anyone opens the calendar app it displays your Gmail address before viewing any calendar?
    That's actually a good point, and it annoys me though I hadn't thought about it. There are many Calendar apps on the Play Store but I have no experience of them. I would think they integrate with Google. I am sure you can disable the stock Google calendar, if that's what you are using.
    I hate to say it but maybe you can start a thread! asking for calendar app recommendations that save to Google (or not) but don't display your address. Consider also starting it in the S4 forum; searching Android Central for Samsung Calendar threads, or just trying a few from the Play Store.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    12-11-2014 11:46 AM