Currently, I have an Android Galaxy Centura, model number SCH-S738C, running on 4.0.4. This phone doesn't have My current Android only has about 2.7 GBs of storage, which really isn't that much, considering I take a lot of photos and download games. I was recently downloading an app that was 580 MB, but ran out of space at around 500. Now, I can't find where the app downloaded to delete it, and I only have about 90 MB of storage left. I've checked the cache, as well as the apps I have on my phone-- nothing. I even tried checking the download folder.
    Also, if I try to re-install the app, it won't even start the download process this time due to insufficient storage.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Thank you.
    12-10-2014 12:23 PM
    Usually if an app fails to download android will clear it and self correct. Meanwhile you may have to restart the device for the temporary file to be deleted. Most likely the reason you can't find it is because Android has already started the delete process on the temp file and considers it usable space. Having said that your system may not see it as usable space until the process is stopped and/or restarted. The simplest way to do this is to restart the device. If that doesn't work you could try going online to find out the name of the apk file for that app then use a file manager to track it down. Chances are tho that a restart will solve the issue if the file didn't fully download.
    12-10-2014 01:11 PM
    If you have enough room download a file manager. That will let you look at files on your phone and delete the ones you want. You can also connect the phone to your computer, but you first you need to download the Samsung Kies app so the phone will mount on your computer's desktop. You'll then be able to search for this app and if it's there delete it.
    12-10-2014 02:04 PM
    Was your space restored after restarting the device? A file manager could help you find the file but my thing is if the download didn't complete it should have marked the partial file as overwritable and not counted it against your available space. Also the file name may have similarities to the apk name but even with the apk name you may still have a hard time finding the partial incomplete download. Have you ever deleted something from a PC and it shows it's still there and then you try to delete it again only to be told the file doesn't exist? That's what I feel like is going on here.
    12-11-2014 07:45 AM