I have about 2gb of empty space on my phone. Recently it'll say that I'm running out of space and I check storage it says I have 30mb of empty space. There is a miscellaneous folder that is taking up that space and the biggest file inside is called "dianxin" which is almost 2gb in size. So I use du speed Booster but that helps temporarily. What can I do to fix this and what is this file "dianxin"?
    12-10-2014 06:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have? Can you show us screenshots of your Settings>Storage menu? http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html
    12-10-2014 06:58 PM
    I have an at&t galaxy s4. I used du speed Booster and that temporarily fixed the problem, now it started again.
    Attached Thumbnails Space running out-uploadfromtaptalk1418280354898.jpg  
    12-11-2014 12:46 AM
    I normally have about 1.9gb of empty space.
    Attached Thumbnails Space running out-uploadfromtaptalk1418280531087.jpg  
    12-11-2014 12:49 AM
    DianXin is some Android-based custom ROM, according to this post: DianXin OS; A Unique Android-Based Chinese OS - XDA Forums

Is your phone rooted? If you've never rooted it, did you buy it used from someone else? Could someone have installed a custom ROM on the phone at some point?
    12-11-2014 01:59 AM
    It's not rooted. I did buy it from someone else but that was a long time ago. This just started happening recently. I don't know how it came on. Is it a problem if I delete it?
    12-11-2014 03:05 AM
    I'm really not sure. I can't tell if the "dianxin" on your phone has anything to do with that custom OS.
    12-11-2014 10:24 AM
    Why not just get your data backed up and perform Factory Reset?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-12-2014 10:37 PM
    Because factory resets are great for the most part if you need to do one. But ive done 2 and this is still happening. Yer talking to an ijit so can someone explain what a custom rom would be doing on my ceel aside from gathering empty folders?
    01-05-2016 05:08 AM
    Because factory resets are great for the most part if you need to do one. But ive done 2 and this is still happening. Yer talking to an ijit so can someone explain what a custom rom would be doing on my ceel aside from gathering empty folders?
    Which phone do you have? Did you get it brand new or used?

A custom ROM is a customized version of the Android operating system that you can install on a rooted phone. Rooting is the process of obtaining superuser status on an Android phone, allowing you to control much more of its basic systems (analogous to jailbreaking an iPhone). Custom ROMs are often based on a higher version of Android that the phone it was designed for never officially got. So in other words, if your phone is stuck on Jellybean, and you want KitKat, you could try rooting the phone and installing a custom KitKat ROM. But rooting is not for beginners. First, not all phones can be rooted. Second, mucking around with the system can be dangerous if you're not careful or if you don't know what you're doing--one wrong move can irreversibly brick the phone. Third, custom ROMs need to be designed for that specific phone, so if you have an obscure brand and model, chances are no one developed any custom ROMs for it.

So if you got the phone used, it's possible the previous owner had rooted it and tried out this DianXin custom ROM.

Another possibility is that this is malware. There is a dianxin trojan described for Windows, but I haven't found anything about a specific dianxin malware for Android. https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=147023.0
    01-31-2016 02:52 AM
    I have about 2gb of empty space on my phone. Recently it'll say that I'm running out of space and I check storage it says I have 30mb of empty space. There is a miscellaneous folder that is taking up that space and the biggest file inside is called "dianxin" which is almost 2gb in size. So I use du speed Booster but that helps temporarily. What can I do to fix this and what is this file "dianxin"?
    I checked the dianxinos.com site: it's a Chinese company that makes the DU products, like Booster and the battery saver! I guess the dianxin folder got installed with them. So I uninstalled those, deleted the dianxin folder, and am trying the Avast battery saver. Everything seems to be working well.
    06-01-2016 10:47 PM