I need to connect partitions

Claude Speed

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I have two partitions on my tablet even without SD Card and I need to connect them because one partition have low space. How to fix that? My tablet is eStar CRYSTAL (has Allwinner A31 SoC)

Posted via the Android Central App via eStar CRYSTAL

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-11-15-12-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-11-15-12-04.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the partitions are on the same device - and adjacent - you can move all the files from the second one to the first one, then delete the second one and expand the first one into unpartitioned space. Since that's not possible in your configuration (assuming that the first partition listed is the first one physically), since you have more stored on the second partition than the size of the entire first partition, you'd have to save that 2.31GB of apps and 223MB of pictures on another device (a PC or an SD card) before deleting the second partition.

(Even if you could repartition internal storage, you'd have to do it in a way that Android would accept it. If it's written, for your device, to require two partitions, combining them could brick the device.)

And the only repartitioning app I know of is aParted, which only sees the external SD card. To repartition internal space, you'd have to rewrite the ROM's partitioning method and reflash the ROM (or write a partitioning app to run in Linux on the device - in a partition you're not changing, or changing the partitioning could cause the program to crash, leaving you with an unusable device).

This is one of those "don't try this at home" questions. Sorry. (Even your local cellphone repair shop wouldn't attempt it. Some of the devs on XDA might be confident enough to try it without having to warn you that it might brick the tablet.)