So my friend and I were talking today about the OnePlus One and our phone service through Verizon and bill costs, and my friend mentioned T-Mobile's $350 early contract termination fee with the Visa card. He was curious if he could trade his Verizon phone into T-Mobile and get a sim card for the OnePlus One. I told him that I believe you cant because they are going to want to make money off of you and want you to purchase a phone through them instead. My question is can you trade in your contract phone to T-Mobile and will they allow you to bring a OnePlus One unlocked phone in to get on to the pre-paid service, or do you technically have to get on a contract through them (isn't T-Mobile now contract-less now too due to purchasing MetroPCS)? Finally, he was also curious if this works and he gets his unlocked phone with T-Mobile, can he switch out his sim card to MetroPCS or ATT the next month?
    12-11-2014 03:29 PM
    Tmobile allows you to trade in any phone, but to qualify for them paying etf, you have to purchase a new phone from them(any phone). You can then activate the opo or whatever compatible phone you want. TMobile doesn't have a service contract, but they have a device payment plan. If you leave to another carrier and owe money on the device, then the balance on the device becomes due.

You can switch to another carrier next month, but keep in mind that the etf payment from tmobile will take some time. Cancelling tmobile before you receive the etf paid would result in forfeiture of the etf payment.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-11-2014 03:42 PM
    Ok so your saying he has to purchase a cheap phone through T-Mobile like the T-Mobile Prism II, then right after that he can add his new OnePlus One phone right after he purchasing a sim card for that? And he as well has to stay with T-Mobile for a couple months till he gets his ETF payment?
    12-11-2014 04:07 PM
    Ok so your saying he has to purchase a cheap phone through T-Mobile like the T-Mobile Prism II, then right after that he can add his new OnePlus One phone right after he purchasing a sim card for that? And he as well has to stay with T-Mobile for a couple months till he gets his ETF payment?
    You have to purchase a phone from tmobile (any phone) in order for them to pay your etf as well as stay until you receive the etf payment.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-12-2014 11:58 AM
    He shouldn't add the phone, all he has to do is buy a cheap phone that uses a microSIM, then switch the SIM to the One. (I switch SIMs from phone to phone all the time, depending on what phone I need when I'm going out that time. I've been doing it for over 10 years. With 4 different carriers. Never had a problem.)
    12-21-2014 11:18 PM