Where's my stuff?

mariomp

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Other than tracking things on a piece of paper or in Excel (or similar), do you use or know of an ANDROID app that will keep track of borrowed or lent things?

It would have to keep info in the cloud so that if I reset my phone, upgrade it, etc. the info isn't lost.
It would be nice if the app had cross platform capability so I can open it on my office PC, but that's not critical.

I found few apps so far.
"I lend you", "I.O.U.", "Where is my stuff", and few others, but wanted to hear your opinions.

Background info:
I spent hours looking for my framing nail gun yesterday.
Over 2 hours of actual search, + rest of the day distracted, thinking about possible people I could have lent the tool too. I texted and called several friends and family members.
Frustrated and embarrassed, I posted on Facebook about it.
Friend remembered borrowing it and I got my item back :)

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
You could just use a note app and make a note when you lend it out. If you use Evernote, you can make a notebook just for that purpose or with Color Note you can set a particular color for the notes. Both sync to all devices.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Also, if you wanted to include a photo of the item (and possibly the serial number), you could use Keep. Evernote will keep you better organized but you have to use not too big photos because their free limit is appallingly low.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Best solution, is to take a firm stance that you don't loan out your stuff. I've learned the hard way, that most times the people that borrow stuff, are the type that not only keep it too long and require nagging, but also mistreat things. Screw them. They can spend their own money on tools and such that they can lose and break. I know it's hard to say now, but it's harder to nag, and then get back broken stuff.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I never heard of such an app, but it's a good idea for people who lend out stuff, even CDs or books. There are "ideas for apps" sections on forums - post to a few of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463