My mother dropped her Galaxy S4 on the toilet, and the cellphone got wet, i have put the cellphone on rise, and leave it like for 2 complete days with no battery , sd card and sim card; and here is the problem everything on the cellphone works perfect, except the sound, i have no sound, on the speaker ( include calls, music, and apps ) i used the speaker button on the test menu and nothing happen.
    The only way to make the cellphone play any kind of sound is over Bluetooth.
    I have dissembled the cellphone, and checked the state of the mainboard and its nearly perfect ( i can add a picture if needed), no oxide on it.
    If i plug the headphones, the phone detect that they are connected, but doesn’t emit any sound.
    Is there something that i can do, like change some chip on the mainboard, or there is a custom rom that can help me.

Thanks in advance.
    12-12-2014 07:38 AM
    Welcome to the forums. No amount of changing ROMs will fix the sound issue. The downside to water damage is it may not leave any visible signs of damage.
    12-12-2014 09:13 AM
    Thanks for the Welcome, so the only option that left me, its to change the whole mainboard ?.
    12-14-2014 08:00 AM
    Thanks for the Welcome, so the only option that left me, its to change the whole mainboard ?.
    I believe so.

From an AOSP M8
    12-14-2014 03:41 PM
    My mother dropped her Galaxy S4 on the toilet, and the cellphone got wet, i have put the cellphone on rise
    About the only thing you could have done worse is run a steamroller over it. Whoever came up with that rice idea should be sentenced to 25 years in a bag of rice. Read Wet Phone so you'll know what to do next time a phone gets wet. (And buy a box of house-brand sandwich ziplock baggies.)

I have dissembled the cellphone, and checked the state of the mainboard and its nearly perfect ( i can add a picture if needed), no oxide on it.
    No lands with hairline cracks etched into them. No plate-thrus etched open? No microtracks shorting something? Nothing electroplated to where it shouldn't be? No solder points with the solder eaten away enough that there's no contact? (You need at least a lab-grade microscope to detect any of those.)

Is there something that i can do, like change some chip on the mainboard, or there is a custom rom that can help me.
    About the only parts of the phone not suspect are the plastic parts - everything else probably has to be replaced by now. 2 days of concentrating all the minerals and salts in the water (that's what you do by removing the water - the rice doesn't remove the impurities, just the moisture - and so slowly that the concentrated impurities work that much faster)? That's like feeding a mouse 3 pounds of cyanide. Death is more certain than sunrise. Unless it fell into triple-distilled, deionized water, I wouldn't give the phone 6 months to live if it was working perfectly.

If you scrub the battery thoroughly with alcohol, you can still use it until it dies - which may or may not happen prematurely.
    12-14-2014 07:59 PM
    Hi there,
    I have a Galaxy S3 and all of a sudden I started having the very same problem.
    I did NOT drop the phone, ABSOLUTELY no water damages but I could only hear sound when I connect the Bluetooth headset.
    Other than that no sound when I dial a number, no sound when I answer a call, no sound on Youtube or any other website or application.
    The guys at the mall are clueless about the fix.

It vibrates when I receive a call, or when I set the alarm clock.
    Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    03-19-2015 09:29 PM