Why is my Google Now disabled after switching language back to English (US)?

sgoran

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Google Now disabled after switching lanugage back to English (US)

I have Nexus 4 with Android 5.0.
I changed language in Settings -> Language and Input -> Language to some non-English language. That disabled Google Now. It says it is not available in my country. Then I switched it back to English (US), but Google Now is still disabled. Even in Google Settings -> Search and Now -> Voice -> Language, selected language is English (US).
I am not from US, I'm from Europe. Prior to this change, Google Now always worked.
Is it possible to activate it again? My last resort is to do factory reset, but I would like to avoid that.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Now disabled after switching lanugage back to English (US)

On the google settings-search and now page, what happens when you try to toggle google now on and off? Have you tried settings-storage-cache to clear everything? Have you tried a simple power off-turn on again?

sgoran

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Now disabled after switching lanugage back to English (US)

The toggle was disabled, it was greyed out. It said "Google Now is not available in your country". I tried restarting the phone, but that didn't help.
But earlier today, I went to Google Settings and the toggle for Google Now was not greyed out and I turned it on. It now works! I don't know what have I done to enable it again. Yesterday I cleared my home and work address in Google Maps, maybe that helped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome