Why is email so slow on Samsung Tab S 10.5?

shanners451

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Why is email so slow on Samsung Tab S 10.5

Often when I open email it takes ages to update and sometimes does not update at all - it's slower than my Samsung phone (s3 mini). I've tried clearing the cache and making sure all other applications are closed but it makes no difference.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is email so slow on Samsung Tab S 10.5

Same email app, set up the same way, using the same internet connection? Otherwise you're comparing apples and rocks.

Parmenedes

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

I am having exactly the same problem. The stock email app is so slow as to be essentially unusable. It takes around thirty seconds to do ANYTHING - open the app, open an email, delete an email, reply to an email, open the menu, you name it. I have a galaxy s5 that has email set up exactly the same way and has no problems, but I have all but given up on using email on the tab s, which makes me wish I never bought the thing. A solution sold be great, but barring that, a suggestion of an email app that is KNOWN to work better would be nice.

Rukbat: you replied with an attitude that suggested you could offer something helpful weeks ago but have not done so. Do you have anything helpful to add?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if Email will work on the device, but it's a decent app. So is K-9 Mail.

(Sorry, I never saw that the thread had been responded to after my post. If I subscribed to every thread I post to, Google would need a larger email server.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles