The phone doesn't have a proximity sensor, so screen is blocking automatically while calling, and then turns off. So to use keypad I must press mechanical Home button, then return to call from blocking screen, then double-press to unblock the screen. It's very annoying. There's no option to disable auto turning off in 4.4.4, and the Screen On app doesn't work, apps about orientation, like Scribble, are useless for me. I just want to keep screen on and blocked while calling. Maybe it's available through registry edit?
    12-12-2014 09:32 AM
    1) The phone has a proximity detector. You're probably isn't working right. That's covered under warranty.

2) Having the screen on and non-responsive isn't what you want. You'll be burning battery to keep the screen on, but when you want to do something, you'll still have to do something to make the screen responsive.

3) There's no registry in Linux. (That was one of the ideas to come out of the "Stupidity Department" at Microsoft.)

Bottom line - take the phone in for repair or replacement, it should still be under warranty. Your carrier - if it's not Straight Talk - will probably replace it on the spot. If it's Straight Talk, Walmart might replace it on the spot. If you go to the Samsung Experience Desk at a Best Buy, they can probably arrange a replacement, but it'll be through the mail or UPS or some other carrier, so it could take a while at this time of year.

Make sure that everything is backed up (data as well as apps), except what's backed up on Google (all your Google account contacts, for example, will automatically resync to the new phone.)
    12-12-2014 03:48 PM
    SM-G357FZ doesn't have a proximity sensor, so its screen blocks automatically during call. Then it turns off, and I need to do 3 actions to access keypad, instead of 1 if it won't go off.
    How can I disable auto turn-off screen during call in Samsung Ace Style 4.4.4?-xx.jpg
    12-12-2014 04:33 PM
    Exactly same question here; Galaxy ACE 4 doesn't have a proximity sensor. Unusable when dialing services requiring numeric input. The description from previous user is not complete: if one waits long enough, the double-click option disappears and ther is no other option than hanging the call!
    06-27-2015 04:10 AM
    Hi dear, have you any solution for solving this problem. because i have also the same problem
    08-27-2015 09:36 AM