Will Google Play Music Manager upload doubles of songs if I move my iTunes library?

Slusho64

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I want to setup my iTunes library to sync via OneDrive as Lifehacker explains in an article (though they use Dropbox). To do this, I want to move my iTunes library to the OneDrive folder. But will this cause the Music Manager application that uploads music to my Google Play library to reupload everything and give me doubles of everything? Thanks.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I assume you'll change your Music Manager auto-upload source setting from iTunes to OneDrive? It's a good question and I would like to know what happens. Maybe you can do the experiment by transferring a single song, which is easily undone if you get an unwanted duplicate. Please let us know what happens.

Slusho64

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay, it's been a while but I finally did it and I wanted to post the results for posterity. I ended up installing Music Manager on my new computer after syncing my iTunes between my computers successfully using OneDrive. In the installation wizard, after selecting iTunes as the location to search for music to upload (it should be noted that it knew where my iTunes library was automatically despite it being in a non-default location), it asks what you want to upload (the whole library or specific playlists), so I selected specific playlists and only selected a playlist containing new music I had just added (you could just upload nothing). After that step, it asks if you want to upload new music as it's added, and I chose yes. So I'm not sure if you can do this without uninstalling/resinstalling, but tl;dr: once you move your library and install Music Manager, you can just tell it to not upload anything immediately and upload things as they're added in the future.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci