I am looking for a step by step process on how to setup VPN on my Galaxy Note 4. I want to be able to securely connect to wifi hotspots but I don't understand all of the technicalities of setting it up.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-13-2014 10:14 AM
    Does downloading and using a VPN app don't work? I think it is much better than figuring out how to set it up on your device.
    I had no problem installing VPNWise on my Acer Iconia and I was able to use it anywhere I am.
    12-14-2014 05:42 AM
    Or select a VPN on the web that has an Android app, open an account, install their app and you should be up and running.

Before you depend on the security of a VPN, try to connect to something on the LAN - even ping another computer that's connected to it. If you can, it's not a VPN, it's a redirection server. The site your calling used to not be able to tell the IP you were connecting from (that's changed, so those servers are as useful as button hooks now), but there was no encryption. Using a true VPN means that you can't connect to the LAN - that would defeat the purpose of the VPN (the LAN isn't encrypted, so you'd need a connection that was unencrypted from you to the VPN server, and you can bet that anyone looking for connections to steal data from will be watching servers like that).
    12-14-2014 08:41 PM