I have the g900h s5 device that I rooted a little while ago. I want to unroot the phone.

when I search for my firmware, I am getting confused by the country codes I see on the files. does the country code matter on the firmware?

when I do the *#1234#, I see:
    ap: g900hxxu1ani1
    cp: g900hxxu1ani1
    csc: g900huub1ani1

on sammobile I search for g900huub1ani1 and I see 3 countries listed.
    Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, panama
    which one do I choose? does it matter?
    12-13-2014 08:21 PM
    Search over at the xda developers forum, they should have a link to download what you need.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-13-2014 10:12 PM
    i have searched. problem is I don't know what I am looking for. I do not know which country I am suppose to download. that is the problem I am having
    12-16-2014 12:40 AM
    i have searched. problem is I don't know what I am looking for. I do not know which country I am suppose to download. that is the problem I am having
    If you have supersu installed, which im sure you do, there is an unroot option in there. This might work.
    12-16-2014 03:17 AM
    i did the unroot inside supersu, and when I go to do software update, I get the os system on my device has been modified error. I am assuming I have to restore the phone to original state, I don't know/think the unroot via supersu worked 100%....

what I need to know is what country do I download for the g900h model I have? that I am having trouble figuring out. I don't have a problem restoring the stock rom, I just need to know which one to get.
    12-17-2014 12:12 AM
    any help is greatly appreciated
    12-17-2014 07:44 PM
    Which firmware you flash to the phone depends on which country the phone was designed to work in. Are you in Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay or Panama? On some phones, using the wrong country's firmware won't matter, on others it could brick the phone. (If you put g900h into the search box, which is what you should be doing - you're searching for firmware for the phone model number, you'll see a lot more countries than those 3.)

BTW, the unroot in SuperSU works. But it doesn't undo changes that other rooted apps may have made, nd that's what stops updates. SuperSU only undoes changes it made. You have to undo changes you made (or other apps you were running made).
    12-17-2014 11:58 PM
    I am in the usa. I am using the g900h unlocked version and I think it is latin spec device. other than that I don't have anymore data.

I don't know what changes were made to the device, I didn't really do anything after I rooted the phone.

I just know I have a g900h unlocked device and this is in the settings:

12-18-2014 01:50 AM
    I am in the usa.
    That's irrlevant. Is it a USA phone (made to take a USA ROM)? If so, for which carrier? (There are different ROMs for different carriers.) That's the one you use.

I am using the g900h unlocked version and I think it is latin spec device.
    Think isn't good enough - if you think wrong, you could turn the phone into a box of electronic parts.

other than that I don't have anymore data.
    Look at the label under the battery - what's the full model number?

BTW, "unlocked" doesn't mean "will work with every carrier", it just means that it won't reject any SIM card. (It's "SIM-unlocked", not "radio unlocked".) If it doesn't work with a particular carrier, even if it accepts the SIM, that's just how things work in the cellphone world.
    12-18-2014 03:30 PM
    How do I un-root my Samsung S5?-label.jpg

here is the label
    12-19-2014 12:33 AM
    That's irrlevant. Is it a USA phone (made to take a USA ROM)? If so, for which carrier? (There are different ROMs for different carriers.) That's the one you use.

Think isn't good enough - if you think wrong, you could turn the phone into a box of electronic parts.

Look at the label under the battery - what's the full model number?

BTW, "unlocked" doesn't mean "will work with every carrier", it just means that it won't reject any SIM card. (It's "SIM-unlocked", not "radio unlocked".) If it doesn't work with a particular carrier, even if it accepts the SIM, that's just how things work in the cellphone world.
    hi did you see my photo?
    12-20-2014 08:16 PM
    Evidently the phone was made for a Latin American country, but that still doesn't get you any closer to the exact country and carrier. The AP, CP and CSC indicate either Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay or Panama. Whether these are all the same or not I can't tell you, but if you're in one of those countries, that ROM (the one for your country) would be your best bet. You can download it from SamMobile Firmwares and install it with Odin.
    12-20-2014 10:48 PM
    Evidently the phone was made for a Latin American country, but that still doesn't get you any closer to the exact country and carrier. The AP, CP and CSC indicate either Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay or Panama. Whether these are all the same or not I can't tell you, but if you're in one of those countries, that ROM (the one for your country) would be your best bet. You can download it from SamMobile Firmwares and install it with Odin.
    i am in the usa. I purchased this phone from my distributor for latin America. I just don't know which language to choose.
    12-21-2014 01:16 PM
    You'll have to contact the distributor and find out which country the phone was designed to be used in. You could just try a ROM blindly, but that could brick the phone. It's not the language, it's the hardware the code was written to run on. Are all 3 ROMS written to run on the same hardware or not? We don't know.
    12-21-2014 02:46 PM
    Just wondering, I'm looking at rooting my s5. Why do you want to unroot yours? Is it a mistake?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-22-2014 01:43 PM
    I just went to wipe the data on a factory restore, and when the process started the screen where the android is in green came up, then it went to android on its side with a red exclimantion point, after that red font started to come up saying:

E: failed to mount /efs (No such file or directory)
    E: failed to mount /system (No such file or directory)
    # MANUAL MODE #
    -- Appling Multi-CSC...
    can't mount '/system' (No such file or directory)
    E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)
    can't mount '/cache' (No such file or directory)
    E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)
    E: can't mount /cache/recovery/last_recovery
    E: failed to mount /data (No such file or directory)
    E: Can't mount /data/log/recovery_log.txt
    E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
    E: Can't open mount /cache/recovery/log
    (These errors then repeat in various order)

I can do reboot system now and it takes me back to the phone with no problem, but it is not allowing me to restore the phone.

also, the top shows:
    kot49h.g900hxxu1ancj on the top...which is different from what I see when I do the command on the dial pad:

is g900hxxu1ancj the rom I am suppose to get from the sammobile website? that is not listed in the list I get when I do that command as you see.

thanks
    12-24-2014 02:00 AM
    You'll have to contact the distributor and find out which country the phone was designed to be used in. You could just try a ROM blindly, but that could brick the phone. It's not the language, it's the hardware the code was written to run on. Are all 3 ROMS written to run on the same hardware or not? We don't know.
    hey ruk, anything on what I mentioned earlier about this error I got when I tried to restore?
    12-26-2014 03:10 PM
    The last I saw is that you don't know which ROM to use. If you posted a later problem, I don't see it.

Until you know which country the phone was made to be used in, there's no solution, because finding that out is the solution.

@cleanplanets:
    It depends on why you want to root the phone, what carrier it's on and how much work you're willing to do (and learn how to do) if you ever want to update the firmware on the phone. Rooting voids the warranty, so to root the phone just to be able to say yo have a rooted phone is silly. Rootoing won't change the way any apps you currently have work. It only allows apps that need root to obtain it and, since your phone isn't rooted, obviously no app that you run needs root. (If you were a Linux person, you'd root just because it's wrong to run Linux without su, it's like using profanity just to use profanity [it's profane to remove su from Linux] but since you're not, that's not a valid reason for you.)
    12-27-2014 01:20 AM
    The last I saw is that you don't know which ROM to use. If you posted a later problem, I don't see it.

Until you know which country the phone was made to be used in, there's no solution, because finding that out is the solution.
    how do I find out what country the phone was made to be used in off the data I have already provided? the box does not say it.
    12-27-2014 01:33 AM
    any help or pointers please.
    01-03-2015 02:03 PM
    The place you bought it from. They know which phones they bought and, if they keep good records, which particular phone they sold you. As I said, you could try any Latin American Spanish ROM (I doubt there's a Latin American phone with an English ROM), but it could brick the phone until you flash the right ROM.
    01-04-2015 04:27 PM
    when I run the software update on the phone it is saying the latest version is already installed. before it was giving me that error about the software being modified...

basically I want to do the over the air update to the new android, that is the only reason I actually care to restore the phone. from it giving me the msg that the current version is installed, does that mean it will update to the new android when it is available for the g900h devices?
    01-04-2015 09:40 PM