Rugby Pro...connect USB webcam??

ladoga2015

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I purchased an OTG cable, and am attempting to connect a USB webcam (micro boroscope) to my Rugby Pro. I want to be able to use the boroscope to look inside of things (motor cylinders, etc), and view the image on my Rugby.

I've seen this work on the internet..I downloaded a couple of different android usb webcam apps...nothing is working. My phone is not recognizing that I have plugged a webcam in. The apps are saying that no webcam is found...

Any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Webcam apps turn the phone into a webcam - they use the phone's camera. What you need is a borescope designed to be used with a camera that doesn't have a removable lens (IOW, focuses correctly for the existing lens on the camera) - and a way to mount the phone to it. Even duct tape will work in some situations - that's my current telescope connector for my phone.

ladoga2015

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
This is a link to a youtube video showing what I'm trying to accomplish... on youtube type in "USB Camera Android Viewer & Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 [No Rooting]"

One of the applications I want this to work for...I will have my usb boroscope mounted to the end of a pole, and will be putting the boroscope underwater in creeks (waterproof boroscope)...looking for certain types of rocks, gold, etc. The phone needs to be in my hand, out of the water, as I'm doing this...

Looks like others have found a way for this to work? My Rugby Pro just isn't acknowledging the camera??

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech