Hello, I just did my first Android factory reset (Note 3 via Samsung Kies), and it was kinda painful considering I'm coming from iphone's extremely care free icloud backup and restore.

Everything was backed up just fine except for app data. It was a pain losing game saves, having to set up most apps from scratch.

So my question is...is there something I'm missing? Is there an icloud equivalent for android that would backup an exact image of the phone automatically and restore it exactly as it was before?

Thank you in advance

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-16-2014 07:13 AM
    Hello, I just did my first Android factory reset (Note 3 via Samsung Kies), and it was kinda painful considering I'm coming from iphone's extremely care free icloud backup and restore.

Everything was backed up just fine except for app data. It was a pain losing game saves, having to set up most apps from scratch.

So my question is...is there something I'm missing? Is there an icloud equivalent for android that would backup an exact image of the phone automatically and restore it exactly as it was before?

Thank you in advance

Google is starting to be more active in saving some settings and such on their servers. Google Play Games can save some game data (depends if the developer includes this) and it is as easy as signing in with a Google+ account (you can disable sharing if you don't want to do all that). Otherwise, there are apps in Play that will backup almost everything. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.backup&hl=en
    TheOriginalWolfman likes this.
    12-16-2014 09:04 AM
    Thank you for the quick reply...I do have another (maybe related to the factory reset) question...when I leave the android central app, there is a blue box or border around the top left app icon. It goes away when I touch the screen!

That is very weird and I've never noticed it before. Is that a problem with the android central app or did something go wrong with my phone's software??

12-16-2014 11:40 AM
    Probably an app issue. You can include a screenshot and report it here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...feedback-help/

Edit: almost forgot...give any relevant info...the app, device, Android version, carrier, etc...

From an AOSP M8
    TheOriginalWolfman likes this.
    12-16-2014 12:21 PM
    Will do...Thank you so much for your help

12-16-2014 12:37 PM
    Will do...Thank you so much for your help

Hopefully everything gets sorted out. See you around the forums.
    12-16-2014 01:43 PM