Why won't my Note 10.1 2014 wake up without restarting?

Roy Chambers

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Note 10.1 2014- won't wake up without restarting

When my screen times out or I press the power button after the tablet has gone off the screen does not return. I have to press and hold the on button for it to restart every time. There are lights and even sounds behind but just a black screen unless I restart. Can anyone help?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 10.1 2014- won't wake up without restarting

When my screen times out or I press the power button after the tablet has gone off the screen does not return. I have to press and hold the on button for it to restart every time. There are lights and even sounds behind but just a black screen unless I restart. Can anyone help?

Welcome to the forums. I think that device has a home button. Does that wake it up?

Don9992

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 10.1 2014- won't wake up without restarting

Thanks but no- it wakes up the buttons on either side first time I press but the screen still stays dark.

I have the same problem as of about 24 hours ago. Mine started when I noticed about a quarter of the screen seemed dark. I shut it down and restarted. Since then, if I hit the power button to wake it up, the two buttons flanking the home button flash but it doesn't wake. I have to boot it to get it to run. Everything else seems normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech