Why does the wifi keep disconnecting on my Samsung Note3?

Matty Reed

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Wifi keeps disconnecting on samsung note3

i have come home from work and my mobile didn't connect to my internet automatically. when i went to scan for wifi signals i found mine connected and entered password. it said you are connected and saw the wifi sign at the top of my screen then 2 seconds later its disconnected. i keep trying but nothing seems to work. Any help?

TheOriginalWolfman

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Wifi keeps disconnecting on samsung note3

Hello, I bought a Note 3 a few months ago and faced the exact same problem repeatedly.

Restarting the phone, the router or both seemed to help. If that fails, go to note 3 wifi settings and forget your network, then log into it again.

I still face the same issue every now and then but it's so infrequent that it doesn't bother me at all.

Unfortunately as great as the note 3 is, quite a few users have complained about wifi issues. Hopefully your problem will go away as mine did so you could enjoy the beast that is the Note 3. Good luck :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Matty Reed

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Dosnt work :-( it wont let me forget the wireless network. i press and hold and the only option i get is to connect. yet when i press on a network from the airport i was in last week it will let me forget. this sort of thing does my head in!!

TheOriginalWolfman

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Are you long pressing while you're connected?
Because if you're doing it while disconnected you're only gonna get the option to connect.

Let it connect and long press as soon as it's connected...u should get the "forget" option.

TheOriginalWolfman

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Ok can you make sure "smart switch" in network settings is off?
Also turn off Mobile Data and Bluetooth

And then,if possible, let the Note 3 be the only device that is connected to your router, preferably after unplugging the router for 10-20 seconds and rebooting the Note 3. (To avoid any ip conflicts)

If that still doesn't work...try connecting to another router (even if an older crappy one).
While I was facing this problem, I was told that the Note 3 can be a little picky with some routers. Mine works flawlessly with the crappy router at work, but kind of dislikes my new and shiny home router :S

TheOriginalWolfman

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

That's weird because my phone has been working flawlessly for a few months as well until today...apps just started crashing and it's just unstable! Really Weird!!

If I find anything else concerning wifi i'll let u know asap...good luck