What is this random floating smiling cloud icon?!

tasha_c

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I was on whatsapp & this random floating smiling cloud icon appeared on my screen. I press on it, swipe it and nothing happens. It just floats on my screen and it's annoying the living daylights out of me because I have no idea what it is or where it came from.

Anyone know what it is & how I can get rid of it?

Screenshot_2014-12-16-12-37-01.jpg

SCinCA

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I am also very annoyed at this silly icon, especially since it does nothing when you tap on it and you can't swipe it away. On my S5, it pops up only in Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp so far. It does not pop up in KakaoTalk, Google Hangouts, and all other non-chat apps. Maybe it's Facebook related? (I looked through all settings for the three affected apps- no luck.) Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed light on this.

SCinCA

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I have an AT&T phone, and now the smiling cloud is gone. I went through my app manager and couldn't find one that had corresponded to that icon. Would you happen to remember what it was called? I want to get rid of it if it pops up again. (Glad to read that it can be removed.)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an AT&T phone, and now the smiling cloud is gone. I went through my app manager and couldn't find one that had corresponded to that icon. Would you happen to remember what it was called? I want to get rid of it if it pops up again. (Glad to read that it can be removed.)

It looks like it's related to an app, possibly a messaging app, and should be able to be easily removed. Does AT&T have a special messaging app pre-installed on the device?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar