I am running Android 4.1.2 Jellybean, and I want to have an empty home screen with no apps, because I have a really neat wallpaper which is just obstructed by even one app. If I take all the apps off of the home screen, then right in the middle is text that says, "Tap the + above to customize home screen". Is there any way I can get rid of this text and just have an empty home screen?

BTW I tried using ADWLauncher but I can't stand it. Also, my phone is rooted if any solution requires that.

EDIT: My phone is an LG Optimus G E970. I tried having the middle screen blank, while putting apps on the other screens that you swipe to, but no luck

I think I might just try out some other launchers. As I said, I don't like ADW and I also don't like the GO Launcher (both just seem really clunky). What are some of the good ones?
    12-16-2014 07:39 PM
    There used to be themes one being a blank theme that you could populate yourself, although that one if you have it may still display the message. My suggestion would be to find middle ground clear one panel go into your home screen manager and make the blank screen the one your device defaults to when the home button is pressed. Then you have full view of your wallpaper, and a simple swipe left or right gives you all the convenience of having your apps and widgets.

Posted via the Android Central App
    There used to be themes one being a blank theme that you could populate yourself, although that one if you have it may still display the message. My suggestion would be to find middle ground clear one panel go into your home screen manager and make the blank screen the one your device defaults to when the home button is pressed. Then you have full view of your wallpaper, and a simple swipe left or right gives you all the convenience of having your apps and widgets.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-16-2014 08:10 PM
    I am running Android 4.1.2 Jellybean, and I want to have an empty home screen with no apps, because I have a really neat wallpaper which is just obstructed by even one app. If I take all the apps off of the home screen, then right in the middle is text that says, "Tap the + above to customize home screen". Is there any way I can get rid of this text and just have an empty home screen?

BTW I tried using ADWLauncher but I can't stand it. Also, my phone is rooted if any solution requires that.
    Hello, may I ask what device you have? You could try the suggestion that VidJunky gave about changing the default homescreen, but have you tried other launchers? Simply typing "Launcher" in the Play Store brings up a lot of different launchers that you can try.
    12-16-2014 08:20 PM