So I have been using the samsung health app on my new galaxy s5. But I have been trying to see if I can manually imput exercise. I can't seem to find a way to do it. What if I am on a stationary bike or treadmill, or swimming in the pool? Can't I add these activities to my exercise log? If not, that is stupid! Our freezing cold winters in Ohio don't always allow us to bike and run outside. I hope samsung offers an update soon!

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-18-2014 07:06 PM
    I guess they have to limit themselves to fairly probable exercise methods, but I agree, others would be useful additions. Even walking with a heavy backpack or trudging through snow must use more calories than just plain walking.

Once when walking home along a footpath I was passed by a young guy on a unicycle. I was surprised, but not utterly incredulous. But then, I'm in SE England, not Ohio.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-19-2014 07:12 AM
    I Agree! Samsung please provide an update that makes manual entries possible! today I used a treadmill and a stationary bike, but it wont be counted in the app
    03-12-2015 09:22 AM
    Phil and the other bloggers made a point on the fact that a lot of fitness tracking devices have a hard time with stationary machines. Android Central 245: All Things Virtual http://www.androidcentral.com/podcas...things-virtual

From my G4
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    07-20-2015 04:49 PM