How do I Replicate / Sync images from Windows PC (or NAS) to Android 4.4.4 tablet?

JJJuergen

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Replicate / Sync images from Windows PC (or NAS) to android 4.4.4 tablet

Hi, after hours of searching I could not find a good way to solve the problem. Any help would appreciated. The task is the following.

I collect images using a windows PC in a folder structure. I spend quite some effort to properly maintain meta data, like location, names of persons, events. Image sources are various Digital Cameras, the kid's mobile phones and stuff I get from friends. The digital camera images are pretty big.

From the PC I replicate to a local NAS ( USB drive attached to a "Fritz box" ), a notebook, and another PC. BUT I also need the images on the tablet :-(

Until recently we were using an iPad.... but it's to old and replaced by a Sony Experia Z2 tablet. I always complained about this Itunes thing ... but at least it did the job :-(

Now I seek a way for the android tablet:
- Find all images that are "newer" on the PC or that don't exist on the tablet anyway
- Shrink (i.e. reduce the jpg quality setting) the images
- Copy to the tablet

In an ideal world: this works from the tables itself via WLAN accessing the data on the NAS
In a second best solution: this works with some software that runs on a PC over WLAN to tablet
In a third best solution: this works with some software that runs on a PC USB to tablet ( as the USB port in the Sony tablet is painful to access behind the cover .. )

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Replicate / Sync images from Windows PC (or NAS) to android 4.4.4 tablet

Something I am confused on is: do you need to access just the images, or everything?

A counter suggestion would be is there a way to set the folder system up on a cloud storage, and then access that cloud storage on the tablet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674