Why can't I hear or be heard when I make calls?

Scott Mansfield

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Headset / Mic software switch

Ello all,

The problem

recently my phone has developed a new problem. When I make calls I cannot hear/be heard.

After searching Google it would seem it the problem is with the headset/mic functionality of the device. I think the switch where the headset goes in is stuck and as such when I make calls I cannot be heard or hear the person I'm calling.

This is further supported by my ability to make Google Hangout calls to my nephew which he couldn't hear but could after I had toggled the headset/mic option within Google hangouts.

What I'm after

I'm hoping someone can suggest an app which might resolve this. Or perhaps the command I might need to get it work. I have root and terminal emulator but I have little to no understanding of how to make changes on a deeper level but like a good little monkey I can follow instructions well enough.

Hopefully that should all be pretty clear. I can elaborate, if required.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Headset / Mic software switch

I'm hoping someone can suggest an app which might resolve this. Or perhaps the command I might need to get it work.
If it's the switch in the earphone jack that's causing the problem, the jack has to be replaced. You can't fix a hardware problem with software. That's like doing welding with a screwdriver.