What is a good app for note taking?

Gomox

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
[APPS] Searching note taking app for university

Hey guys!
I’m currently searching for a note-taking app on my Samsung Note 12.2.
Let me tell you what my needs are when it comes to daily university tasks (I’m an engineering student):

1. Writing down text
a. I’d like to write this down while using a keyboard.
b. However, sometimes the continous text includes greek letters or small pieces of formula / equations. It would be great if the app featured some kind of equation editor which is easily accessible while writing.

2. Writing down bigger equations
a. I’d be okay with writing them down by hand. An equation editor that recognizes hand writing would be awesome of course, but I’ve basically lost all hope in finding one :D

3. Creating (technical / mathematical) sketches
a. A grid is a must have!
b. Things I’d like to have are either multiple drag-and-drop forms or even a tool that lets me straight out lines / makes my circles perfectly round etc.

Which apps are you using for taking notes? Do you know any app that fulfills most of my needs?
I’ve tried S Note, but I don’t really like the current version (the old one was much better, at least according to some videos that I’ve seen). Formating seems to be quite difficult to do. It can convert handwritten equations, but there is no option to edit it after the converting, which really sucks.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: [APPS] Searching note taking app for university

Welcome to Android Central! I saw this one recently as an Amazon Free App of the Day (although it's back to being $2.99 now): Notepad+

Gomox

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: [APPS] Searching note taking app for university

Hey :) Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not quite what I am looking for.

Let me tell you what I liked about using OneNote on PC:

I could type text and easily switch between entering letters or small pieces of formula. For example, I could easily write: "The outcome of f(x)=sqrt(x) is..." and it would replace f(x)=sqrt(x) with a nice looking formula.

So my workflow should look something like this:
  • Type plain text with my keyboard (with the ability to add small pieces of formula directly into it)
  • Either write longer equations by hand OR have them recognized by the program (handwriting -> formula)
  • Drawing sketches, if possible with the ability to draw straight lines / perfect circles etc.

If only OneNote would support formula in the android app - all my problems would be solved :D

But unfortunately, it doesn't .. =/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca