in my gallery, picasa is one of the albums. although I'm fine with it displaying that (web?) folder, I would like to know how I can delete certain photos. Since they aren't physically on the device I can't delete anything in that folder.
    Any idea? I assume there is a picasa web site but I'm not even sure who is saving the photos, Samsung or google, but the photos I want to delete aren't in g+ photos.
    Not sure if i'm logged in from my samsung acct or thru google somehow.
    The crazy part is, none of the new picts i take go To picasa.... confused....

also if I google picasa it takes me to picasa.google.com and wants me install Picasa 3.9 for Mac... but I think i tried that, and the "old photos" that I see on my device doesn't seem to be there... I am lost I think...
    12-20-2014 06:40 PM
    Picasa was acquired by Google a while ago, and was essentially turned into Google+ Photos. There's a backdoor that you can use to actually go to the original picasaweb.com site, but for all intents and purposes, Picasa=Google+ Photos.

The stock Gallery app usually has the ability to sync with your Google+ Photos on the web, but in this Gallery app, it's often referred to as Picasa (and uses the old Picasa logo). If you use the Photos app (the one with the pinwheel icon, which is part of the Google+ app), you can also see those same photos.

The stock Gallery app doesn't always let you delete cloud photos, for unclear reasons. However, you can delete cloud photos using the Photos app. Or, you could just go to your Google+ Photos page, find the photos there, and delete them.

Your phone is probably set to Auto Backup photos to Google+ Open the Photos app, tap Menu>Settings>Auto Backup, and turn it off if you don't want to use that feature.
    12-21-2014 02:42 AM