Slow MMS receiving. What's the deal?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 on verizon. Wife has a Note 3 on verizon, in the same area. I'll get an MMS from someone (could be her, could he someone else) and it'll just say message downloading, and can take 5-10 minutes to display. It's annoying, because many times you're having a conversation with someone back and forth and then they send a pic, and the conversation grinds to a halt while you wait to see the pic.

I'm using the Google messaging app, but when I go over to one of the other messaging apps, I get the same problem

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Both of you using mobile data or wifi, or one on mobile data and one on wifi? Downloading a file from a server should take the same amount of time on the same path regardless of the computer used. (The path for your wifi connection and the path for your mobile data connection could be dozens of nodes different. Any data passing through a congested area [internet-wise] will be slow.)

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Both of you using mobile data or wifi, or one on mobile data and one on wifi? Downloading a file from a server should take the same amount of time on the same path regardless of the computer used. (The path for your wifi connection and the path for your mobile data connection could be dozens of nodes different. Any data passing through a congested area [internet-wise] will be slow.)

I've had every scenario you listed, and it behaves the same. This isn't just between the two of us. Sometimes it's between my phone and someone in a whole other state

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Normally I'd advise you to call Verizon tech support, but Verizon's tech support is about as useful as last week's garbage. Take the phone into a Verizon company store and ask them to please fix or replace it. (Make sure everything is backed up.)

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I called vzw about this and they said that some forwarding something was on and that this delayed the messages. They turned it off so I'll see if i get all my texts at 4:40am from the previous night.

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk