Okay so I turned on my location today, which I rarly do because I am so paranoid. I had it on for about 6 or so hours when thing popped up on my phone saying "locating please wait" and then it showed my locations. I would normally think this was some type of virus but it didn't come from my web browser. Someone please help I'm freaked out!

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-21-2014 05:28 PM
    Welcome to AC.☺

Perhaps the message meant that a file or server was being located, rather than that your device was being located.

....The idea of a location is interesting. Since we are all moving, no matter how slightly, all the time, can we be said to have a location?

12-21-2014 05:35 PM
    Well the thing is it said I was in Springfield after the fact. So it rasies the question who or What would want to know that seeing as all my apps had already gotten ahold of that information already.

12-21-2014 05:38 PM
    ....The idea of a location is interesting. Since we are all moving, no matter how slightly, all the time, can we be said to have a location?
    Or are all sub-atomic particles "located" everywhere, but only become "real" at a single location? (Read some E. E. "Doc" Smith scifi.)

As far as the original problem, you'd be surprised at what uses location these days. Even some websites request it (and the phone will look at whatever you have Locations set for when that happens, so it's reasonable that you were looking at a website, it asked for your location and the phone had to take a second or two to get it).
    belodion likes this.
    12-21-2014 11:46 PM