Can I us my UK Samsung Galaxy S4 in Chile with a local sim card?

Stoopster

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
UK Samsung Galaxy S4 in Chile

Hello

i'm about to go on holiday in Chile. I've an unlocked UK Samsung Galaxy S4. Could i just buy a local SIM in Chile and use it for phone, text and most importantly data? I'm planning to use the data primarily for Waze (sat nav), WhatsApp etc.

Thanks a lot

Stoopster

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: UK Samsung Galaxy S4 in Chile

Hello

i'm about to go on holiday in Chile. I've an unlocked UK Samsung Galaxy S4. Could i just buy a local SIM in Chile and use it for phone, text and most importantly data? I'm planning to use the data primarily for Waze (sat nav), WhatsApp etc.

Thanks a lot

Stoopster
Yes. However, I'd suggest contacting a local carrier in advance to see if they have any deals for you while in town. It will also be good to have the appropriate APN data in advance to input as soon as you get the new SIM. Let us know how it works out for you, and if you have nay questions.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: UK Samsung Galaxy S4 in Chile

Check the frequencies your phone operates on (voice and text should be okay, but check the data frequencies) and make sure it covers the data frequencies used by the carrier you choose. Not all carriers use all frequencies, and not all phones (even of the same model name) cover all frequencies. Europe (your phone) to the Americas (the carrier) might pose a problem, depending on the phone and the carrier.