So I had a galaxy s3 before with cyanogen and the wifi icon on the top of the screen would be blue if the internet was working and grey if it was connected to router but the internet was not working

I have a Note 4 now and the wifi icon is always the same color, so to see if its working I have to open a browser page every time to check it..

Is there anyway to check it like with cyanogen?
    12-22-2014 12:33 PM
    So I had a galaxy s3 before with cyanogen and the wifi icon on the top of the screen would be blue if the internet was working and grey if it was connected to router but the internet was not working

I have a Note 4 now and the wifi icon is always the same color, so to see if its working I have to open a browser page every time to check it..

Is there anyway to check it like with cyanogen?
    Unfortunately, this was changed in KitKat. Can you see a Wi-Fi status if you pull down your notification shade? There might be something there with an active Wi-Fi icon letting you know if Wi-Fi is connected, and to what router it's connected to.

Otherwise, you should be able to see if there is a widget available in the Play Store that twill give you a status of your Wi-Fi connection. It's a workaround, but may do what you are looking for.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    12-22-2014 06:50 PM
    As I recall, blue just meant the device was communicating with Google servers.

From an AOSP M8.
    12-22-2014 07:14 PM
    As I recall, blue just meant the device was communicating with Google servers.

From an AOSP M8.
    That's right. After kitkat the best way to see if you're connected is in the quick settings menu. White - yes / orange - no.

The quickest way to access that menu is swiping down the notification bar with two fingers.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    12-22-2014 07:28 PM
    If I pull down the notification bar with one or 2 fingers I can only see the green button do activate/deactivate the WiFi.

Others mentioned quick settings and on my quick settings when its working the WiFi button is blue, I will have to wait and see if when it doesn't work if it changes color.

Otherwise I will have to go for your solution of the widget. Is a bit sad tho, even tho its a very simple function it came in handy a lot of times specially when I would connect to networks I wasn't familiar with
    12-22-2014 10:48 PM
    If I pull down the notification bar with one or 2 fingers I can only see the green button do activate/deactivate the WiFi.

Others mentioned quick settings and on my quick settings when its working the WiFi button is blue, I will have to wait and see if when it doesn't work if it changes color.
    I forgot about TW. The orange colour is for stock or different custom launchers.

To test colors or widgets you can unplug the data cable in your home router. Your WiFi will be still connected but no data transferred.
    12-23-2014 07:19 AM
    I guess that in the normal system on the Note 4 the wifi is either green on notification bar or blue on the quick settings it doesn't matter if internet is working or not.

I tried one widget until now but didn't gave me the info I wanted so I guess I need to try others
    12-23-2014 10:31 AM