Samsung GS2 duplicated file issue

Thomas5020

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am aware that this phone is old but all of my music has been duped. I dropped the phone and the battery came out but theres no physical damage and the SD card (Made by SanDisk) is shockproof. After rebooting the phone mulitple times, I have 2 copies of my music and some other stuff. For those who know how files are stored, it seems to be only the "pointers" that are duped, as one version of each song cannot be played (unsupported file type it says, although album art and everything else is there). Also, in photos, I have black images, (which appear to be pointers that lead to nothing) which are dupes of photos taken about 0-10 hours before the drop. Any new content is not duped. How do I sort this out!? It is a real annoyance and pain when using my device. Thanks

Attachments

• 1419297633651.jpg
    1419297633651.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 1419297659605.jpg
    1419297659605.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Remove the sd card (properly unmounts it first) then reinsert and see if the files are there. Also, use a file manager or alternate gallery app to view the images and see if the problem is still there. If it is, then the images could have been corrupt as a result of the sd card being moved or partially ejected during the drop.

Let us know how it goes.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm could be Media Scanner that's doing something wrong. Try Application manager. Go to Media storage. Clear the cache. Restart the phone. If that doesn't fix it, back up all your media (just to be on the safe side), unmount the SD card and clear the data.

Thomas5020

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Remove the sd card (properly unmounts it first) then reinsert and see if the files are there. Also, use a file manager or alternate gallery app to view the images and see if the problem is still there. If it is, then the images could have been corrupt as a result of the sd card being moved or partially ejected during the drop.

Let us know how it goes.

I already tried unmounting and removing. I also put the SD card into a friends device and everything was normal.

Thomas5020

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm could be Media Scanner that's doing something wrong. Try Application manager. Go to Media storage. Clear the cache. Restart the phone. If that doesn't fix it, back up all your media (just to be on the safe side), unmount the SD card and clear the data.

I cleared the data on the media storage app and rebooted the phone. Everything is back to normal, thanks! :)