Why can't I access the music that I copied off of my PC onto my Droid Turbo?

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't access the music that I copied off of my pc onto my Droid Turbo

I copied the music from my pc's music folder and pasted it into my phone's music folder. It shows up there and if I go onto my phone and look at storage it shows that there is over 2 gb of music on my phone saved as windows media files. However, if I attempt to access my music on my phone in play music library it says that I have no music on my phone. I also tried downloading a track off of the store onto my phone and that shows up in my phone's play music but it does not show up if I open my phone's music folder on my pc. Can anybody tell me how to get my music onto play music so that I can use it instead of just having it take up space and/or where the song I downloaded is saved? If so it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't access the music that I copied off of my pc onto my Droid Turbo

Welcome to Android Central! What format are the music tracks? Open Google Play Music and swipe in from the left--make sure Downloaded Only is switched to ON.

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

they are saved as windows media files. I just turned downloaded only on. Didn't seem to make a difference. I also added a track onto my phone via the store and that does appear on play music. If I plug my phone into the computer though the track doesn't show up in any of the phone's internal storage folders that I could find including the 'music' folder which is where all of the copied music appears. Thanks for helping by the way

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I don't think the Turbo supports WMA. I couldn't find that listed in any of the specs. You could either convert all of your WMA files to MP3, or upload your entire music library to your Google Play Music library (which does the conversion for you).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

A music track downloaded directly to the phone using Google Play Music goes to an obscure directory that isn't accessible by standard file managers. If you want to manipulate the file, download it from Google Play Music on your computer's browser, then copy it over to the phone via USB.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463