I have a friend who is giving me there motorola droid razr m for verizon. As far as i know its a gsm phone, has a sim card. Im wanting to know if it can be used for straighttalk and if so what i would need to do get it on straighttalk.
    12-23-2014 06:28 PM
    I have a friend who is giving me there motorola droid razr m for verizon. As far as i know its a gsm phone, has a sim card. Im wanting to know if it can be used for straighttalk and if so what i would need to do get it on straighttalk.
    The Verizon Razr M is not a GSM phone. It's CDMA. However, it does have a SIM for global calling. Could this be used on Straight Talk? If Straight Talk offers a band that supports the Razr M radio then possibly. This will also depend on the willingness of Verizon to unlock the device. I suspect there will be issues getting it to work. However, if you are getting it for free, then it's worth a shot.

Otherwise, Verizon does offer a pay as you go plan that might be worth a look if you don't want to sign-up for an account.
    12-23-2014 07:43 PM
    Go to Straight Talk Compatibility Test, put in the phone's IMEI or ESN or whatever it asks for, and it'll tell you if that particular phone is acceptable. (Some aren't - like one that's been on a Verizon prepaid plan.)
    12-24-2014 01:19 AM