i have a Huawei Y340 smartphone and i want to conect it to a cisco router for configuring it with the phone (with an app -slick usb 2 terminal-). When i try to do this, the app don't recognize a device.

When i use another phone (motorola for example), i have no problems. For this, i want to know what is the problem. My Huawei not support OTG? Can i do something? (custom kernels, root, etc?)

Please help me (:
    12-24-2014 07:45 AM
    i have a Huawei Y340 smartphone and i want to conect it to a cisco router for configuring it with the phone (with an app -slick usb 2 terminal-). When i try to do this, the app don't recognize a device.

When i use another phone (motorola for example), i have no problems. For this, i want to know what is the problem. My Huawei not support OTG? Can i do something? (custom kernels, root, etc?)

Please help me (:
    It's likely that the phone doesn't not support OTG. Rooting can often times open up this possibility by using an app that requires root to run OTG, or by installing a modified kernel. If you are comfortable doing that, and root is achievable, then it's an option to consider.
    12-24-2014 10:03 AM
    i use console cable for cisco router (rj45 to d9 - d9 to usb)*
    12-24-2014 11:16 AM
    It's likely that the phone doesn't not support OTG. Rooting can often times open up this possibility by using an app that requires root to run OTG, or by installing a modified kernel. If you are comfortable doing that, and root is achievable, then it's an option to consider.
    Thanks !

My problem is that i can't find a kernel for helping me. Do you know someone for this smartphone? (i've been searching a lot with bad results).
    12-24-2014 12:47 PM