Hi is there an app for android that stops kids from exiting the current app that may be running. Its mostly for Skype so that my daughter doesn't exit the screen while she is talking to her grand parents.
    12-24-2014 11:44 AM
    There may be launchers that are kid friendly and allow you to disable certain actions. Check any of the kid launchers that are available.

I know it's possible, because I have a few child related apps that allow me to lock the screen, or disable the action buttons to prevent accidentally exiting the app. Let us know what you find.
    12-24-2014 02:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Kids Place is a good kid-friendly launcher, although it doesn't quite prevent the kid from accidentally exiting an app. You can set it to automatically restart the app after an accidental exit. I think solutions to completely lock out the back or home buttons may require rooting.
    srkmagnus and wizzrah like this.
    12-24-2014 02:41 PM
    This is a little unrelated, but if you ever want to prevent access to an app from your daughter, try applock:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mobile.applock

As for what you are asking, it is possible with ADB Shell, but like B.Diddy said, it requires root access to your device.
    12-24-2014 02:56 PM
    Any 'kiosk app' will do that. Booting will run the app, which will run whatever app it's set to run, and there's no "exit". They're made for running the phone in a kiosk without letting the customers run anything but your ad or whatever app you set it to run. Do a search on android kiosk app free and you'll have a difficult choice finding the one you like best - there are lots of them.
    12-25-2014 12:22 AM