Please help.
    I had been having problems with my Samsung Galaxy S4 only syncing exchange emails once per day which is usually at 1 minute past midnight (using the stock app) bringing in all the previous days mails.
    Some days they will sync up to approx. 2.30pm in the afternoon and then stop syncing until midnight. I have tried everything I can to fix this eg: uninstalling / reinstalling account, checking all sync settings including master sync.
    To let me continue receiving my work mails through exchange I downloaded Aqua mail from the play store and this works perfectly sometimes even getting my emails before my work PC.
    Now it gets interesting - during the summer I was without my S4 for 2 weeks and was using a brand new Nokia Lumia 630 for the 2 weeks and I encountered the exact same problem when exchange was loaded.
    Now I have a brand new Samsung Note 4 and the exact same problem has occurred when exchange account was loaded - now using Aquamail to get by.
    6 people in my office including me have all received new Samsung Note 4 devices and don't have any problem with their email sync and all phones have been set up by the same IT person (previously they were all using iPhone except me).
    I have also had a new sim card issued in case that was causing a problem but no joy with this either.
    One final thing to think about: My carrier is O2 Ireland and earlier this year I was in Spain and exchange mails were syncing 100% on time and recently in Germany and 100% on time. Once back in Dublin the syncing on time disappears.
    EVERYBODY IS USING THE SAME CARRIER AS THESE ARE ALL WORK PHONES.
    ACTUALLY IT IS ONLY THE IN BOX THAT IS NOT SYNCING ON TIME - EVERYTHING ELSE IS WORKING PERFECTLY.
    Any help please?
    PK
    12-24-2014 05:14 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

To clarify, are the other people also using the same carrier?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-24-2014 05:41 PM
    All on the same carrier
    12-25-2014 04:21 AM
    Did you ever find a solution to this? My Samsung S4 does exactly the same thing, only syncs e-mails at midnight and only lets me send or receive e-mails from midnight until 1am!!! SUPER freaky I have to rush to get all my work done in 1 hour and all my customers are like "wow, you do all your work after midnight, how do you get up in the morning?!?" lol

I've tried everything, new sim card, new phone, custom rom with hacked exchanged app so you don't have to use a lock screen, even switched carriers! If I delete the exchange account from the phone then re-add it then it syncs perfectly for about 10 minutes or so, then nothing until midnight. If I keep deleting and re-adding the exchange account throughout the day then I can keep up to date on current emails, lol?

Same story as you too, EVERYONE else at my company has NO problems, note 3, note 4, samsung s6 I even entered their exchange details in my phone in case it was an exchange or account problem but same deal, flood of e-mails only at midnight.

Please PLEASE tell me you found a fix!?

-Jamie M.
    06-23-2015 11:47 PM
    Ok, some news! It looks like the exchange server is banning my phone cause it's using too many resources I installed CatLog on my phone and no wonder once I set up exchange it started draining my battery constantly, this block of log just repeats instantly and constantly all the time EXCEPT right after midnight it stops for an hour or two:

Why isn't my exchange email syncing?-screenshot_2015-07-01-13-38-31.png

Am I getting these errors BECAUSE my phone is currently banned from the exchange server, or are they what's causing me to get banned?!

Any idea on how to fix that ping error?

-Jamie M.
    07-01-2015 12:45 PM
    I'd say Exchange is getting you banned with the constant pinging. Check your email app settings. It might be time to try another email app. What are you using now?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    07-01-2015 02:54 PM
    I'd say Exchange is getting you banned with the constant pinging. Check your email app settings. It might be time to try another email app. What are you using now?
    I'm using the stock mail app in Android 4.4.4.

Do you have any recommendations for a replacement app? Need to do the calendar sync'ing, etc.

-Jamie M.
    07-04-2015 07:06 PM
    Yeah, I'd definitely try another email client. The Samsung email client seems to be a problem for an awful lot of users. And trying to fix it just ends in frustration.

If you only use the Exchange account you should check out Nine:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inefolders.hd3

However, Nine is for Exchange only. If you have other accounts and you want everything in one place there's some other choices.

My favorite is AquaMail. It does Exchange including contacts and calendars, plus IMAP with push and POP3. A terrific all-around email client. Very easy to use UI and options galore.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....kman.AquaMail

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    07-04-2015 08:46 PM
    Yeah, I'd definitely try another email client. The Samsung email client seems to be a problem for an awful lot of users. And trying to fix it just ends in frustration.

If you only use the Exchange account you should check out Nine:
    OMFG you're awesome

I installed Nine. Sync'd perfectly, lets see how long it lasts! The home screen widget looks great, love the "dark" theme. Not as packed tight as the stock mail widget but you can scroll in it so that's fine.

Not sure I like "conversation" view, looked all through it and couldn't figure out how to turn it off, but maybe I'll get used to it. It's probably better on a phone anyway instead of endlessly scrolling to find the persons previous message.

Thanks again!!!!

-Jamie M.
    07-04-2015 08:57 PM