Why am I being asked to confirm my ex's read receipt Galaxy Note 3?

Adam Rooney

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Being asked to confirm my ex's read receipt Galaxy Note 3

Recently, my ex's text messages have asked me to confirm read receipt by an OK or CANCEL. I've been hitting cancel, but I cannot understand how she is even requesting a 'read receipt' for SMS. I cannot turn this function on on my Note 3, which she also has. I see "delivery receipt" in my settings, but no read receipt.

I do hit cancel, obviously. How is she able to do this? Is she receiving this read receipt when I hit cancel? I have looked for a half hour online for another instance of this happening and can only find either iMessage or third party app talk. I am only using the standard, default, android 4.4.2 messaging service on Verizon. Thank you.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Being asked to confirm my ex's read receipt Galaxy Note 3

A read receipt is actually a delivery receipt. The computer can't know whether the recipient actually read the message. (Maybe in another 50 years.)

When you cancel, the sender shouldn't get a receipt.

As far as your being able to ask for a receipt, Textra allows you (or her, in this case) to request SMS receipts and MMS receipts. Other texting apps may also.

Adam Rooney

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Being asked to confirm my ex's read receipt Galaxy Note 3

I understand the "delivery receipt". I cannot stress this enough that I'm getting a READ receipt. I tried to text my current g/f with delivery receipt on to try and replicate this. I got the delivery receipt notification to my cell, but she didn't have the option to click OK or CANCEL the read receipt. This is why I'm asking how this is possible.