As stated above, I am trying to set up individual SMS tones for each of my contacts on my new Coolpad Arise.

I have looked around at a couple of apps that say they can set individual tones (ZEdge and Ringo Lite), and even followed the directions on each, setting my SMS notification sound to Silent, disabling vibration, etc. However, it seems that no matter what I do, either my default tone plays when I receive a message, or no sound plays at all. What am I doing wrong?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. This is my first Android phone (but not my first time tinkering with an Android devices, thanks to Kindle Fire), and I would really like to explore this new phone's capabilities. Thank you!
    12-24-2014 10:02 PM
    Welcome.
    I use GO SMS Pro from the Play Store and it allows each contact to have its own alert tone.
    See if that works for you.

Mav.

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.
    Rabbidking likes this.
    12-24-2014 11:36 PM
    Hey, VW Maverick, thanks for the response. I downloaded Go SMS Pro as you suggested, but a look through the app's options didn't display anything about individual alert tones for my contacts. All it showed was the option to change my phone's alert tone and ringtone; nothing was listed for contacts.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out that the tones have to be customized within each contact's own menu. I guess I missed the profile editing button while looking through the app.
    12-25-2014 01:28 AM