Hello guys ,

i was planning on buying a new phone . I have been using Galaxy s3 for many days now . Now I am confused about two phones Galaxy s5 and note 3 . I watched several reviews about them , read articles .Though my confusion prevails . Now I thought that I should ask the experts directly here . I know note 4 will be a wise option but i will not be able to cover its expense . Any kind of help will be much appreciated .
    12-25-2014 06:14 AM
    Welcome to AC.

Both are devices of the highest quality. It depends on how comfortable you would be with the smaller S5 or the larger Note 3. Also how important the S-pen might be. Either way you can hardly go wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sadi Mahmud likes this.
    12-25-2014 07:49 AM
    Had the Note 2 and eventually the Note 3 and eventually got tired of the huge phone craze. One handed use drove me to a smaller phone.

Ultimately it's your preference. Both phones are phenomenal and it all comes down to preference in size. Performance and etc is top notch on both.
    Sadi Mahmud likes this.
    12-25-2014 09:45 AM
    bro go for note 3...coz its have really good screen and most important 3gb ram

Posted via note 3
    Sadi Mahmud likes this.
    12-25-2014 10:32 AM
    I would opt for the Note 3 UNLESS camera quality is of great importance. The S5's camera is great while the Note 3's is generally thought to leave much to be desired (and I agree). Otherwise there's a lot more functionality with the Note.

from the IV
    Sadi Mahmud likes this.
    12-25-2014 11:39 AM
    thanks guys . Really in a confused situation >.< . Maybe I should watch more reviews and make my decision
    12-25-2014 12:15 PM
    I agree with Belodion. I use my S-Pen so often that I have one for my desk and one in the phone for when I'm out. The size, even with an Otterbox Defender (great protection), isn't a problem. Even my wife, with smaller hands, and who suffered a minor stroke about a year ago, has no problems with hers (without an Otterbox).

As for the camera - I've taken some great shots on my 3MP Fuji. Ansel Adams once used a Kodak Brownie (a cheap little plastic film camera) to demonstrate that even a camera suitable for 5 year olds can make fantastic pictures - it's knowing what's going to look good, how to frame it, etc. Just make sure you use a camera app with spot metering and know where the spot is. Over or under exposing a picture can turn a great shot into junk. (If you want really technically great pictures, you need about 2GP, which we're not about to see soon. That's the resolution of a 2X2 slide or negative.)

And if you wnt to know what makes great photography, look at Dorothea Lange's Depression pictures. Or Brady's standing portrait of Lincoln (made back in the mid 19th century, when a Brownie would have been considered science fiction). Kodak has all sorts of "how to be a great photographer" tutorials on the web, and none of them talks about megapixels. It's the photographer that makes the difference between a snapshot and a photograph - even with a cheap box camera.

(The difference between the Note 3 camera and the Lumia 38MP camera is apparent if you print the pictures 10 feet on a side and look at them closely. If you look at them on the phone screen you can't see the difference. Even a 4k picture doesn't look much different on a phone screen.)
    belodion and Sadi Mahmud like this.
    12-25-2014 12:40 PM
    hats off for u Rukbat. you changed my veiw for camra.thanks brother

Posted via note 3
    12-25-2014 01:21 PM
    I agree with Rukbat. I've long been a camera nut, and now a phone camera nut (Nokia Lumias), but the fact of the matter is that there is very little relation between image quality (what the camera is capable of) and picture quality (what the photographer gets from the camera, with skill or by accident). Even simple cameras can produce good pictures....conversely, expensive cameras can produce bad, but very sharp, ones.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-25-2014 01:51 PM