i just bought a new htc desire 816 and i had a htc 8s and transfered my data from there to the new desire, i then went into my photos to find thousands if not millions of blank photos and when i click on them each one just says media not found. the photos that i had on the old phone also are duplicated up to 3 or 4 times each. Please help
    12-26-2014 04:33 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The HTC 8s is a Windows Phone, so there may have been some compatibility issue when you were trying to transfer data. Can you tell us in more detail how you transferred those photos?
    12-27-2014 04:24 AM
    i transfered the photos over bluetooth after being prompted too when i setup my desire 816, i also noticed today that alot of the photos are facebook messenger stickers and icons, not sure why they are on my gallery
    12-27-2014 05:37 AM
    Transfer functions like that will often indiscriminately transfer all images, not just photos you took.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    12-27-2014 04:14 PM
    Photos in Android that you shouldn't be seeing in a photo app are put in folders that have a file named .nomedia in them. That keeps them from being scanned by Media Scanner, so you don't see them.

Windows uses a different method, and they're not compatible.

Delete the pictures on the 816, copy all the pictures you want to see from the 8s to your PC, then copy them to an appropriate folder structure on the 816. (Look in DCIM and you'll see Camera. Put shots you took in there, or make folders in there for different things (trip to beach, jphn_s birthday, etc) and put the appropriate pictures in the appropriate folders.

Make other folders in DCIM (which stands for Digital Camera IMage - it's an industry standard naming convention) for pictures other than ones you took with the camera if you like. ( have a "Sandy" folder for pictures I took after Hurricane Sandy (we were in it), one for wallpapers, etc.) That way, in Gallery or a similar app, you have "Album" names for each folder, so you can find the picture you want more easily.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-27-2014 08:49 PM