How do I get my S4 Bluetooth working again?

njviera

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
My S4 Bluetooth USED to work, but now it doesn't. Please help!

I've had my S4 for about a year and a half and the bluetooth worked fine in my car. Then one day it just stopped working. It recognizes the car, but fails to connect. When I look at the bluetooth screen it says it's paired but the car tells me otherwise. Then I received a FitBit for Christmas and wanted to sync the two...the phone finds the FitBit but says it's unable to communicate.

I did a soft reset (turned it off and took the battery out for 30 seconds) but that still didn't work. I'm considering copying everything to the computer and resetting back to factory settings. I haven't done any crazy modifications to the phone I'm just out of ideas.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Phillyburbs

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: My S4 Bluetooth USED to work, but now it doesn't. Please help!

Hi I have the same issue with my bluetooth.
When I followed your directions to clear my cache ( my phone is not rooted I have a Samsung Note 2, 4.3 )
When I go to clear my cache partition I get a error red arrow in the middle of the droid icon; it says no command. Then under that it states that the cache wipe is complete ( but no actual action was taken ) after rebooting the cache is still the same.
Any suggestions?
My Bluetooth in my phone shuts off at the moment of connection to a Bluetooth device. It used to work great. This happened around the new year didn't notice earlier because I was not using any Bluetooth devices
Also On scanning it sees the Bluetooth devices that have been used but my new Bluetooth device goes undetected.
It could be from a upgrade done automatically in the phone itself, deletion of apps then reinstalling new ones, all done around the same time.
I wish android had a restore to an earlier date like windows.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63