I've added and taken music to my nexus 5 plenty of times without a problem. I got the new Hozier album for Christmas and tried adding to my phone. My computer thinks I've put it on there and when I go through my phones music files on my computer the files are there, but when I open the music player on my phone I can't find it.
    I've tried, dragging/copy and pasting it into a folder on my phone(after ripping the CD to my computer) which has worked perfectly in the past. I've tried syncing the CD directly to my phone and still nothing. I've restarted my phone and computer. I've downloaded a new music player on my phone and I've tried using a different computer.
    I'd really like this CD on my phone.
    12-26-2014 11:23 AM
    I've added and taken music to my nexus 5 plenty of times without a problem. I got the new Hozier album for Christmas and tried adding to my phone. My computer thinks I've put it on there and when I go through my phones music files on my computer the files are there, but when I open the music player on my phone I can't find it.
    I've tried, dragging/copy and pasting it into a folder on my phone which has worked perfectly in the past. I've tried syncing the CD directly to my phone and still nothing.
    Sometimes a reboot works and syncs the music files to your music player. That, or you can try downloading a different music player from the play store and see if you get different results. Let me know what comes up from this and I'll be happy to help further if need be.

Sent from my splendid Note 4.
    12-26-2014 12:41 PM
    I've tried, dragging/copy and pasting it into a folder on my phone which has worked perfectly in the past. I've tried syncing the CD directly to my phone and still nothing.
    You can't just drag&drop straight from the cd, you have to rip the files first, in case you hadn't done that,i'm using Windows Media Player to rip audio CD.
    After files are ripped,just copy to the internal storage.
    12-26-2014 01:56 PM
    I've rebooted both my phone and computer and it hadn't changed anything. Even a new player isn't helping.
    12-28-2014 01:31 PM
    Check the folder the files are in. If there's a file named .nomedia (just an extension, no name), delete it. That file prevents the phone from scanning that folder.
    12-28-2014 02:07 PM
    There isn't anything other than music in the folder. There's another album I can't get on my phone...Seems to be any music I've bought I can't get on my phone....Which makes zero sense to me..
    12-28-2014 02:21 PM
    When you "buy music", all you're buying is the right to play the music on a single device. You can't copy it to another device unless the copyright owner gives you the right to do so (that's what a copyright is - the right to decide who can make copies and under what conditions). Which makes perfect sense - the copyright owner of that music (and almost all music you buy to play on a computer) limits you to a single computer.

That's also why The Pirate Bay was chased from country to country all the way across the world - because providing the means for people to copy music in violation of copyright is illegal in almost every country.
    12-28-2014 11:34 PM