Somehow when trying to delete music off my phone, I deleted the whole OS. Now the phone just stays at the Alcatel boot screen.

Download mode does not work, Recovery mode does not work. Unless I'm doing them wrong. But when I plug up the phone to my PC, the PC recognizes it. It just shows that it's empty and the "view files" selection is grayed out.

I know this is not a high end phone or anything, but it's all that I have and I cannot just go out and buy another at this point. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks in advance.
    12-26-2014 11:34 AM
    Somehow when trying to delete music off my phone, I deleted the whole OS. Now the phone just stays at the Alcatel boot screen.

Download mode does not work, Recovery mode does not work. Unless I'm doing them wrong. But when I plug up the phone to my PC, the PC recognizes it. It just shows that it's empty and the "view files" selection is grayed out.

I know this is not a high end phone or anything, but it's all that I have and I cannot just go out and buy another at this point. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks in advance.
    Well, how were you trying to clear off the music? Factory reset? Wipe in recovery? Or were you trying to delete the files, with say, a file manager?

Talk about the device itself too. Is it rooted? Did it have a custom ROM?

And when you were trying to access recovery/download mode, how were you attempting to do so? Via a computer or button combination?

If the computer recognizes it, there is hope.

Sent from my splendid Note 4.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    12-26-2014 12:39 PM
    Hey, thanks for your reply.

I believe I accidentally had it on the "file" connection instead of the "media" connection.

Honestly, all I remember is the PC gave me a message saying "Format this drive to continue". I was in the process of doing that when my phone was unplugged. Now it just sits at the boot screen.

It wasn't rooted and it just has the ROM it came with.

Oh, and I was trying to access recovery mode through button combination. The screen would flash, but it would instantly go back to the boot screen.
    12-26-2014 12:51 PM
    See Alcatel Pop C1: How To Install Custom Rom On Alcatel Pop C1 to install a ROM. See Alcatel Pop C1: Custom Roms For Alcatel Pop C1 for a bunch of ROMs you can install. Once you have a ROM installed it should boot into a normal (for that rOM) homescreen.
    12-26-2014 01:08 PM
    See Alcatel Pop C1: How To Install Custom Rom On Alcatel Pop C1 to install a ROM. See Alcatel Pop C1: Custom Roms For Alcatel Pop C1 for a bunch of ROMs you can install. Once you have a ROM installed it should boot into a normal (for that rOM) homescreen.
    That would work if he could access recovery mode!
    12-26-2014 01:40 PM
    Hey, thanks for your reply.

I believe I accidentally had it on the "file" connection instead of the "media" connection.

Honestly, all I remember is the PC gave me a message saying "Format this drive to continue". I was in the process of doing that when my phone was unplugged. Now it just sits at the boot screen.

It wasn't rooted and it just has the ROM it came with.

Oh, and I was trying to access recovery mode through button combination. The screen would flash, but it would instantly go back to the boot screen.
    Does anything come up when you plug it in now?
    12-26-2014 01:40 PM
    No, nothing comes up on my PC except the notification that something has been plugged in.

Also the phone's screen stays on the boot screen.
    12-26-2014 01:46 PM
    No, nothing comes up on my PC except the notification that something has been plugged in.

Also the phone's screen stays on the boot screen.
    I'm going to have to definitely think about this one as it seems your options are limited. Is the phone new, or did you buy it a long time ago?

Sent from my splendid Note 4.
    01-01-2015 03:36 PM
    If you can find the stock image files, and ADB push might help here.

From an AOSP M8
    01-01-2015 03:48 PM
    I agree, adb sounds your only hope if you cant get into recovery (pwr&volup), if you haven't got adb, get the sdk package from google and see if adb recognizes the device. If it does you can reflash the os from there.
    03-06-2016 01:48 AM
    Hey DroidXtra here here this link will help ALCATEL ONETOUCH - Support download the upgrade tool choose your phone model and plug your phone in the tool reads your kernel information and it will restore the OS.
    06-27-2016 08:29 AM