What have I done to my phone?

Spidreant

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
please help im stuck iunno what to do!

im gonna try give as much detail as possible,

LG Optimus 3D LG-p925g

well it started as just wanting to root my phone which was successful but the problem is when i decided to delete some bloatware on my phone but i didnt do it carefully and i deleted alot of important apps, basically my phone doesnt run very good missing my home page and other main apps, i cant access my options so i cant turn on usb debugging, i thought if i did a factory reset i would get my apps back but just made everything harder, please i dont kno what to do, im having trouble flashing a new rom due to the pc not seeing my phone because the usb option is turned off
i have ADB and fastboot installed on my pc, and i dont have bootloader for my phone, anything i didnt mention just ask and again thank you for your time, i rly dont kno what to do

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: please help im stuck iunno what to do!

1) Factory reset uninstalls everything you've downloaded, files, apps, ate., and it removes any information you entered, like your Google account. It doesn't reset the phone to the way it was when you got it.

2) You'll probably have to flash the stock ROM back. Go to the LG section here or at XDA Forums for assistance. Then get a list (same places) of the apps you can get rid of without doing any damage.

Josh Smith10

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site

Found this on Google.

1. connect phone to pc
2. see usb icon on shortcut drop down, you see message : charge only , usb storage , go to pc-software and press ok.
3. go to settings menu- press applications - press development now you can press usb debugging press ok

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

He can't access his settings (probably because he deleted the Settings app).

Look on eBay for a JTAG service that handles the Optimus 3D. (Email them to make sure that have a ROM for your particular model.) A JTAG device connects directly to the chips on the motherboard and doesn't need any software or USB debugging to shove a ROM into the phone. Considering the price of replacing the phone, it would probably pay to have it JTAGed.