When in kids mode why can't I load the media (Galaxy Tab 4)?

Emy Parham

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Kids Mode - Galaxy Tab 4, Can't Load Media

I've set up kids mode on a new galaxy tab 4. The only problem I'm having is allowing songs and video downloads to be accessed by my child. When I go to add media in kids mode, it doesn't even show those selections, only videos I take with the tablet.

Eric Zorns

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Kids Mode - Galaxy Tab 4, Can't Load Media

I was having the same issue and getting very very frustrated, but I just found a fix. I finally went into the parental controls (within Kids Mode) and under the General Tab click on "Check for Updates." I said there was an update and so I installed the update (85MB) and now I have access to add the media that I could not even see earlier.

DaveC376

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

THIS. But on my S5. Contacted Samsung who suggested a factory reset... Didn't work! Stuck for ideas and can't find any solutions anywhere :-(

Posted via the Android Central App

werds

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
So, this is the first place google dropped me off at... I even went through the exercise of reloading stock firmware and going through all the updates, formatting my SD card and then loading the videos anew onto my SD card... And after doing that all the video content was accessible for me to let my kid see them in Kids Mode! So I then go about downloading their other apps and before calling it a night I check everything once... go into Kids Media Player and nothing... drop into the parental control section and it too refuses to show me any videos to select for my kid... drop out of kids mode into to regular launcher and I can see everything in the stock video app...

So somewhere between having placed all updates, and making sure the videos worked, and then downloading new apps... kids mode has decided it does not want to see what is on my SD card for video/media purposes.

I am hoping someone has found an answer. (as a side note, my other daughter has the exact same tablet set up with all apps running on it... and there has been no issue at all with her seeing all her videos while in kids mode...)

Chinco Lee

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

I've set up kids mode on a new galaxy tab 4. The only problem I'm having is allowing songs and video downloads to be accessed by my child. When I go to add media in kids mode, it doesn't even show those selections, only videos I take with the tablet.

I fixed mine. S5. Went to setting > more > setting > reset. Re-added to videos. Then it asked me for BOTH permissions.