How do you handle bluetooth audio devices?

fluxx

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I own a Sony Xperia Z2 but this question should be manufacturer independent: In my living room, I have a bluetooth audio receiver. From time to time I want to stream something from my phone to that device. As this is only the case about 3 or 4 times a week for about 30 minutes I don't want my phone to be connected all the time (battery drain, radiation, missing phone calls because the volume is down, streaming game sound ...). My current solution is to connect the specific device from settings > bluetooth > connect decive, then select the audio app (Spotify) and vice versa to disconnect.

This process is a little bit rough. Is there a better solution, eg. an app for the home screen to connect / disconnect a specific device without going through the settings? My "dream" would be, that if the device is in range, it would connect when I play something in Spotify but only stream Spotify and no other app or system sounds.

But I'm also eager to hear how you handle bluetooth audio devices in daily life.