After syncing my note 3 with Google and outlook some are duplicated with a country code

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Computers are fast but not yet even in the stupid class. 1 800 555-1212 and 800 555-1212 are different numbers. (It's like merging addresses with the same house number on 5th Ave., Fifth Ave., 5th Avenue and Fifth Avenue - those are 4 different addresses to a computer.)

The best computer for "about equal" is still the human brain.

If the numbers you enter in Outlook are going to be used by a human being or by a cellphone, always leave out the 1. A cellphone registered in and used in North America assumes the +1, so you're just wasting space putting it in. (The 1 means "North America" to the phone system.) If Outlook is going to be dialing a lanline phone, you could solve the problem by putting the 1 in all phone numbers. Or, if you're just syncing once, change them in the phone manually.

Dwight Clacken

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't enter or edit in outlook. I have used outlook as a backup and convenient storage for emails. . My contacts with jamaican numbers are all input without area code. Something has duplicated those numbers with a 268 area code.is there a setting that I can change to stop this?

Hatchowze

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar problem recently, duplicates where just killing me.. there is one software that deals with them perfectly (Duplicate remover from 4team) totally recommend it. I know how annoying it is.. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze