does anybody know if verizon can change your data plan on a phone upgrade without asking first. I had a old friends and family smartpak 1200 and after the upgrade it was more everything.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-30-2014 02:10 AM
    So you're asking about whether they can give you something for free? They can give you anything from a technical standpoint, more, less, unlimited, nothing. From a legal standpoint, I don't think you have grounds to complain that you're getting more than you contracted to get.
    12-30-2014 05:57 AM
    They should at least inform you of the change. On most carriers, they have older plans which may no longer be grandfathered (like Verizon's unlimited data plans) or no longer supported due to LTE or system transition.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-30-2014 07:53 AM
    It would be nice if they had a notice on your bill to the effect that as of some date, you'll be getting so many minutes and so much data. (AT&T sent a text saying that if we went to the link in the text, we'd get 5GB more data per month for free. They didn't just let us have it without telling us. Last time we had to go to the store to get 5GB more at a reduction in the monthly rate. So now I'm paying less for 15GB than I was for 5. Not that I'm complaining, of course. With the amount of data we use, we just don't even look any more. We're home and on wifi too much to use 15GB/month unless we work at it, and we're both retired, so we're not bothering. But it's nice to have Mobile Data on automatically when I leave the house and use it if I need it without thinking that I'm not on wifi so I'd better watch the usage. It's a lot better than my first cellphone - 15 minutes/month, voice only, for about $75. And money was worth a lot more then. And mobile phones before that? If you had to think about spending money on a new Caddy every year, you couldn't afford a mobile phone.)
    12-30-2014 01:44 PM