When I use the Andriod device manager on my phone LG G3 it locates my phone perfectly, but when I use the web browser I get location unavailable. I have turned on the location settings and I can ring the phone from the browser. Any clues?
    12-30-2014 04:59 AM
    Turning off Mobile Data will keep the website from finding your device. (Don't ask me why - I think there should be some way to contact the phone via 2G, text it a command to get its location and text it back, but evidently Google doesn't agree.)
    12-30-2014 05:28 AM
    Hi, I had this problem too on my new G3 (now running Lollipop with the OTA update). I tried a bunch of things but Android Device Manager on the web could not locate my phone -- the error was always "Location unavailable".

I suspect this is because of the fact that I had 2 Google accounts on this phone. (Both accounts had Location Reporting on, though.)

I used to have 2 Google accounts, one for my contacts and one for everything else. I got rid of the contacts-only Google account because lots of Google apps (e.g. Play Store, Play Movies, Google+) seemed to think that was the default Google account on my phone.

After deleting the contacts-only account, the Android Device Manager website began to report the location correctly.

There's no reason Location Reporting should not work with 2 Google accounts -- my old phone running stock Android 4.2 managed it fine. This is probably a bug with LG's version of Android.

My location settings look like this now:
    Why on android device manager do I get location unavailable?-android-location-settings.png Why on android device manager do I get location unavailable?-google-location-settings.png
    02-22-2015 04:09 PM